NJ Water Main Repair & Replacement Services
Servicing Residential & Commercial Water Main Lines across New Jersey
If you’re a New Jersey homeowner or commercial property owner you know you can’t take water for granted. When you turn on the tap, you want pure, safe drinking water to flow. While there’s not much you can do before the water reaches your property line, you can take control from the point of entry: your water main. At Argent Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, our plumbing professionals perform a wide range of rehabilitation and replacement services for residential and commercial water mains. We service single family homes, apartment buildings, condominium complexes, stores, offices buildings, and industrial parks. If you’ve noticed any warning signs of water main problems, we can diagnose the issues and offer cost-efficient solutions.
How to know if you have a water main problem
There are a number of signs indicating a water main problem, such as:
- Drop in water pressure throughout the home or building
- Discolored or foul-smelling water
- Noisy fixtures
- Unexplained increase in water usage
- Flooding on your lawn
When these problems occur, it’s usually due to an issue with the water main. A swift response can control the damage to your property and to your family’s health.
Advanced diagnostics help us locate the problem
In the past, diagnosing a water main problem required the plumber to dig. Fortunately, that’s no longer the case. At Argent, we rely on diagnostic video inspections, where we insert a camera into the system to get an up-close look at the problem. This method keeps costs down and maximizes the efficiency of the repairs.
Wide range of residential and commercial services
Argent repairs and replaces damaged water mains using various tools and techniques. Our services include:
- Descaling and jetting — We have various methods at our disposal to clean clogs and sediment from the interior of your water main to restore the free flow of water. Often we can solve a water main problem without having to replace the pipes.
- Excavation and removal/repair — The traditional method of repair requires us to dig a trench to remove and replace the damaged length of the main. We restore your landscaping so you can hardly notice we’ve been there.
- Trenchless repair — Not every fix requires us to dig up the main. We can often insert a new epoxy liner into the old pipe’s lining that seals off a crack.
- Emergency shut off and disconnect — If a main bursts, we provide emergency response services to limit property damage.
- Installation for new construction — We provide subcontractor services for new homes, as well as commercial developments. We have experience with large diameter water mains for multi-story buildings.
Water main problems must be addressed promptly to mitigate damage to property. Before matters get any worse, make sure to give us a call.
The scourge of lead in residential drinking water
If you’ve followed the news lately, you’re probably aware of widespread problems with toxic drinking water due to aging water mains constructed from lead. Elevated levels of lead, which is unsafe for human consumption at any level, have been found in the drinking water in Flint, Michigan, Chicago, Illinois and dozens of other cities. As strange as it may seem, many cities actually required water mains to be made from lead prior to 1987, when the federal government prohibited lead use. But the lead mains were never replaced. Now these cities are struggling to remove the old, lead mains before residents suffer permanent damage to their health. If you have an old water main, if would be prudent to have your water quality tested. If it’s a lead water main, prompt replacement is generally the best option.
Contact Argent’s plumbing professionals for prompt, efficient water main service
Don’t let a water main problem foul your drinking water or harm your property. Argent Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning provides cost-efficient, reliable service, even in emergencies. Call us today at 908-286-1920 or contact us online to schedule an estimate.